IN LINE WITH THE CURRENT PROVINCIAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FROM LOCAL RESIDENTS UNTIL JUNE 15, 2021.
WE ARE ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FROM BC RESIDENTS FROM JUNE 15TH AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS AFTER JULY 1, 2021 AT THIS TIME. HOWEVER WE DO ASK THAT YOU FOLLOW ANY PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS FROM YOUR REGION.
WILDPOD is the perfect place for a socially distanced stay, as we have no common areas, each pod has it's own staircase and entrance and access is for guests only via a secure gate. Alongside our usual excellent standard of cleanliness we have enacted new stringent cleaning policies in line with recommendations and Worksafe BC protocols. We look forward to welcoming you all for a much needed staycation! Please read below before booking for safety protocols and information.
Safe Travel Welcome
We operate with strict safety protocols in place. Thank you for your support, patience, and flexibility as we adapt to an ever-evolving situation.
- Check-in and check out is safe an convenient and contact free!
- In order to meet new cleaning protocols we have adjusted our check-in time to 5pm, if your pod is ready before this time we will contact the number we have on file via text message, please be sure to provide a valid mobile phone number when making your reservation, or contact us to provide this if you need to revise an existing booking.
- Check out time will remain 10am, instructions will be provided at check-in
- We will continue to provide dinnerware, glasses and utensils, however you must now bring your own board games, and umbrellas.
- To minimize contact, housekeeping staff will not be permitted to enter your room during your stay but we can provide extra towels, etc with no direct contact during your say upon request.
Let's ensure Tofino remains a safe place to visit by following the rules...
- Many Tofino businesses have adapted their services in light of COVID-19. To support local, find operating hours and shopping procedures online: https://www.tofinochamber.org/covid19-measures-in-tofino
- Maintain physical distancing measures (6ft or 2m apart) at all times while on property, on the beaches, or in public spaces. Give ample room to others utilizing the multi-use path (MUP), on sidewalks, or in waiting lines.
- Wash your hands regularly and be mindful of surfaces you are touching.
- Cards/tap is the preferred method of payment by most businesses.
- Avoid the Tofino General Hospital unless it’s an extreme emergency.
- Let us know immediately if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms - if you are in distress, call 811 for medical support.
Be mindful of how your behaviour or actions are perceived by others. This is a difficult time for many and we ask that you avoid causing distress to locals and fellow tourists.
Thank you for helping to maintain a #flatcurvecoast !
Covid-19: Here’s what we’re doing to protect you
The well-being of our guests and staff is a top priority and we believe in the current situation an abundance of caution is appropriate, therefore we have taken extra measures to protect us all.
First of all we have enacted enhanced cleaning measures which includes disinfecting all surfaces (door handles, taps, keys, remotes, buttons, switches, etc) between every guest visit.
In order to reduce personal contact we will suspend our in person check-in service and will send you instructions on how to access your pod on arrival. We will continue to be on site, available on the phone for enquiries and requests, and monitor the security cameras as per usual. However, our usual greeting includes a handshake and us entering your pod and touching things to demonstrate which we will resume once we feel it is safe for all parties to do so.
According to the British Columbia Center for Disease Control, the current risk of the virus spreading in our area is low, however we do feel a proactive response is necessary. We will continue to monitor information from Health Canada and the BCCDC and update you if anything changes.
We of course ask that if you do feel unwell or have had any possible contact with someone who is ill please do not travel. We are a family run business and wish to keep ourselves, our children, and all residents of the west coast safe.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We wish you good health and are happy to provide a place of peace and solace to our guests.
Ashleigh and Pete
DUE TO NO CHANGE IN THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS IN COMBINATION WITH A GENERAL INCREASE IN COVID CASES WE HAVE TAKEN THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL MARCH 14TH. IF YOUR BOOKING WILL BE IMPACTED BY THIS WE WILL BE REACHIING OUT TO YOU.
FEBRUARY 5th 2021: WE HAVE TAKEN THE DIFFICULT DECSION TO REMAIN CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRAURY IN RESPECT OF THE TRAVEL ORDERS ISSUED FOR BC TO EXTEND THE ORDER FOR NON ESSENTIAL TRAVEL UNTIL THE END OF FEBRUARY. WHILE THIS IS HEARTBREAKING FOR US AS A SMALL FAMILY RUN BUSINESS IN A TINY COMMUNITY SITUATED WITHIN THE TRADITIONAL TERRITORY OF THE TLA-O-QUI-AHT FIRST NATION , WITH VERY LIMITED HEALTHCARE RESOURCES WE FEEL THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR OUR TOWN, OUR STAFF AND OUR FAMILY.
THIS DOES OF COURSE MEAN THAT WE ARE SOMEWHAT SWAMPED WITH CORRESPONDENCE AND ADMIN WHILE WE LOOK TO REBOOK OR REFUND ALL OF OUR GUESTS IN WHAT WAS A FULLY BOOKED MONTH. IF YOU ARE A GUEST WITH AN UPCOMING STAY IN FEBRUARY PLEASE REST ASSURED THAT WE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN AND IF YOU DO WANT TO GET IN TOUCH PRIOR TO THAT PLEASE EMAIL US AT GLAMPING@WILDPOD.CA . WE ASK AT THIS TIME THAT YOU SHOW KINDNESS TO OUR STAFFN AND PLEASE REFRAIN FOR ASKING FOR SPECIAL TREATMENT (SUCH AS HAVING YOUR WINTER BOOKING MOVED TO HIGH SEASON FOR THE SAME RATE AS THIS IS SIMPLY NOT SOMETHING THAT WE CAN SUSTAIN AS A BUSINESS HAVING BEEN CLOSED FOR SIX OF THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS DUE TO COVID-19).
WE VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORK THROUGH THIS AND WE SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE OUR WONDEFUL GUESTS STAY WITH US AGAIN IN THIS MAGICAL PART OF THE WORLD.
DECEMBER 8TH, 2020
IN LINE WITH THE MOST RECENT BC PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER WE WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL AT LEAST JANUARY 8TH, 2021. WE ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO REOPEN JANUARY 29TH BUT THIS MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON FUTURE PUBLIC HEALTH ANNOUNCEMENTS. WE WILL UPDATE HERE IF WE DECIDE TO OPEN OUR CALENDAR BEFORE JANUARY 29TH, 2021.
THANK YOU AND HAVE A SAFE, HEALTHY, AND JOYFUL HOLIDAY SEASON! WE VERY MUCH LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU IN THE NEW YEAR.
NOVEMBER 20, 2020
WITH THE NEW RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE WE HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE UNTIL DECEMBER 8TH, IF WE DO REOPEN AFTER THIS (DEPENDING ON PROVINCIAL GUIDELINES) IT WILL BE TO VANCOUVER ISLAND RESIDENTS ONLY UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR. GUESTS WITH BOOKINGS DURING THIS CLOSURE WILL HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED AN EMAIL TO THIS EFFECT ASKING IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REFUND OR TO REBOOK, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS PLEASE CHECK AGAIN AND GET IN CONTACT.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE BUT WE FEEL IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO AT THIS TIME.
NOVEMBER 13, 2020
IN LIGHT OF THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION IN BC AND ACROSS CANADA WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CLOSE TO ALL NON-VANCOUVER ISLAND RESIDENTS. SO UNTIL THE END OF 2020 WE WILL BE ACCEPTING ONLY GUESTS THAT ARE RESIDENTS OF VANCOUVER ISLAND. PLEASE CONTACT US TO CANCEL IF WE HAVEN'T CANCELLED YOUR BOOKING ALREADY, YOU WILL BE REFUNDED YOUR DEPOSIT PAYMENT.